Saturday, November 9, 2013

Sam's Saturday Inaugural Post


Hello darlings! As part of my goal to blog at least once a week, I’ve decided to try this thing called “Sam’s Saturday” where I’ll recap my week and give you a glimpse of what’s on the agenda for next week!
Without further ado, here’s my inaugural Sam’s Saturday:

5. Lilting Banshees, Wake’s comedy troupe, had a show this Wednesday. My best friend and I almost fell off our seats, we were laughing so hard. The dude next to us actually did. Which made us laugh even more.

4.  Hairspray! My best friend and I went to see Wake’s musical, Hairspray, last night. It was AMAZING. The cast and crew did an incredible job, and they had the audience singing and dancing and smiling the whole time!

 3. Game Day today! Even though we got slaughtered by Florida State and the game was at noon, which is an ungodly hour on a Saturday in college, tailgating was fun! Then my friends and I went to a cool bakery / coffee bar downtown to study. Not going to lie, I’m feeling pretty cool as I wear my glasses and write this as I sip my extra dirty chai tea latte in said bakery.

2. Instead of doing homework on night, my best friend and I decided to throw responsibility to the colors of the wind and watch Pocahontas instead.  Best. Decision. Ever.

1. I finished reading “In Cold Blood,” by Truman Capote for my English class. If you haven’t read it, finish reading this blog post, shut your computer and sprint to your nearest local bookstore and buy it. It’s an aggressive book, it’s depressing, shocking, disturbing, and heartbreaking, but in the best way. Discover how Capote changed the literary world forever by creating the “creative non-fiction” genre, and why he said, “this book will be book of the decade,” even before he had written 1 word of it. Truman Capote = the man.

Sneak preview of next week:

Tests, Papers, and Presentations! BUT, while that might not sound exciting, my communications professor approved my paper topic. Which is analyzing the film Midnight in Paris and how it’s a representation of historical analogy and collective memory of the 1920’s. I’m STOKED. 

That’s all for now, dearies! Have a lovely rest of your weekend! 
 
 

No comments: