Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer Checklist

Dearest Summer,


I’m so happy you decided to come back into my life again. It’s been far too long. I’m very excited to get reacquainted with you.

Love,
Sam



Ah, summer! Just the word makes me thing of sun, bonfires at the beach and the spending time with friends. It’s a few months out of the year when all time stops, days lazily float by and the day isn’t over until you’ve made at least one s’more. Days are spent driving up and down PCH in a convertible blasting California Girls, going to the beach and there isn’t a care in the world. All of the school year pressure and stress is replaced by a carefree feeling as easygoing as the ocean breeze.

At the start of each summer, I put together a little list of things I hope to accomplish. I’m not talking about something ridiculously challenging or anything, but just some fun things that I’ll look back on and remember. Then, I write it on my chalkboard in my room, put it on my phone and write it on a pretty piece of paper to put in my car so I can cross it off as I go. So, without further ado, here’s my Summer Checklist:

1. Take a long walk on the beach and watch the sunset



2. Buy some cheese and bread from Sapphire Pantry and have a picnic on the beach



3. Eat a Balboa bar while walking around Balboa island / Ride a bike ride along the Balboa boardwalk



4. Try at least 1 new recipe a month



5. Try a new café or restaurant spot I haven’t been before



6. Put up the projector screen in my backyard and watch a movie under the stars



7. Spend a day up in LA and visit an art museum



8. Have at a few bonfires a month with the bonfire crew



9. Go to the Pageant of the Masters in Laguna



10. Spend as much time as possible outside (with sunscreen generously slathered on, of course)


Bonfire Crew
I can’t wait to get started on this! I’ve been looking forward to this summer since last year’s September 1st. Sunshine, surf and sand, here I come!  What does everyone else hope to accomplish?











No comments: