As always, the initial question that comes with an invitation to a date function or perhaps even the inaugural ball is “what am I going to wear?” Not to worry, once you’re finished with this article, you’ll (hopefully) have a few ideas about what you’re going to be sporting for any one of these events. I am a big fan of organization, so let’s break down the out the outfits in terms of occasion. We have parties, date functions and the inaugural ball. Since parties happen almost every weekend, I’ll make that my next post, because date functions and the inaugural ball seem to be on everyone’s mind right now.
The Date Function. They can be formal or informal, but the formal ones seem to be all the rage right now. I’m always a fan of opting for pretty rather than provocative. There are plenty of girls in the world who abide by the phrase, “if you’ve got it, flaunt it.” However, you will not find any of that on this blog. It’s all about dressing for yourself, not about dressing for other people. If you feel like being incredibly sexy, then by all means, slip on that red bandage dress with sky-high heels and smoky eyes! But, if you’re more into the elegant, “I just want to feel pretty” vibe, then read on.
I think I have a slight problem with little black dresses. I
didn’t want to acknowledge that I had an obsession with them, but when Mummsies
surprised me with this one as a Christmas gift, I knew I had crossed over from “I
just need one or maybe two” to “but this one is so different from my other 2,
3, (fine…) 4 little black dresses”
line. Let me tell you, this dress is different
from any of the other ones I have. It’s got lace shoulders, a beautiful
neckline, an aura of the 1920’s (I’m sure everyone is well aware at my love for
anything flapper related by this point), buttons all the way down the front of
it, pleats and a little ribbon to tie at your waist. I call it my Paris dress
because it feels like it should be strolling around the streets of the City of
Light. If I ever get to go back to Paris one day, you can bet that this is the
first thing I am putting in my suitcase! I put my hair up in a classic French bun
with a black ribbon bow, paired it with a long silver necklace, black heels,
beautiful silver bracelets, and, since it was a bit chilly, a long black
cardigan. In case you can’t tell, I’m basically in love with this dress.
Tomorrow night, I am going to a local inauguration ball to
interview people for my journalism class! If only I was going to the real one… perhaps
one day… Well, until then, I’ll just have to pretend I’m jet setting to
Washington DC in this dress! It’s the perfect dress for the night. It’s mainly
political wife, with a splash of electric blue and black mystique. I’m going to
toss on some black heels, my trusty black cardigan if it’s cold outside, put my
hair up in a bun with black bow (I’m sensing a trend?), pop on a belt and maybe
even add a pearl necklace to really amp up the “political wife” vibe for it. Monday
night is going to be all about being conservative (even if you are a liberal…),
classy and color coordinated. After all, if you can’t play up your inner
Washington Woman on Monday night, when else can you?
That’s all for now dearies, I’ve got to go get ready for
another little get together tonight! XO
2 comments:
every now and then i check your blog and it never fails to make my day preppy and peppy
Thank you so much! I'll be posted more often with pictures, tidbits and other little things! Your comment made my day!
Post a Comment